Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Smile

This past Saturday and through out this week the Dali Lama is visiting Seattle.  The theme of his visit is called Seeds of Compassion.  On Saturday there was a large gathering at Qwest Field where the Seahawks play during the football season that was televised.  Me being me I forgot about it until there was only a half hour left.  It was an opportunity for me to see the Dali Lama with out driving and paying to get into the venue.  Words can't describe what is was like to see him there in my living room.  When I got to the station that was broadcasting the gathering the first shot I saw was of him with the biggest smile on his face than any other I've seen.  He was smiling and than began to respond to a question that was asked of him.  Every time I see his picture it makes me smile and think of happy thoughts.  Almost like the bumper stickers that say "SMILE" that enviably make you well .... smile.  I stood there and watched and listened intently to every word that he said.  Afterword I had a sense of joy about me.  It may sound weird but it made me happy.  I would encourage you to take a minute and think of the Dali Lama's face and I guarantee it will put a smile on you face. :) 

No comments: