Saturday, October 16, 2004

It would be great.

Mom and boy are doing good. Adrian has been doing a lot of stretching inside M in the last few days. On Monday she said that he stretched both his arms and legs at the same time, and it felt really strange. I commented, well yeah, that sort of thing would feel strange. Now that school has started back up again we don't get to see each other as much as we did during the summer. When we finally do get to see each other it mostly consists of how her day went and all the moving around Adrian has been doing.

Her days, to me sound alot more interesting than mine most of the time. I'll start telling her about my day and how my class was introduced to, (single phase, parallel, secondary transformers) or (cumulative compound motors). Generally speaking she gets lost after the third word or so of my descriptions. At least that's what she says. The more I talk about what I learned in class, and the more I explain the process and break it down, the better I am able to retain it all. I sometimes get so into a electrical topic I can go on for quite a while. For instance, on Wednesday I was a tour guide for the BTC Tour Day. It's where the local high schools have their students come in and get a tour of all the different programs at the Tech School. I had a lot of fun doing the tour. Five other students and me from the Electrician program set up a really cool display table. We had our tools out, circuit breaker boxes, duplex receptacles, switches, etc..... All the kids that we showed our lab to really enjoyed it, and so did we. It was a pretty cool experience.

On a sadder note. This Tuesday M went in to get her flu shot and was told by our midwife Susan, that as of December 31st she will no longer be able to afford the insurance costs. This means that she will most likely not be able to deliver Adrian. So if he comes after the 1st of January we'll mostlikely have to go with just a doctor. This has put M in a tailspin, so to speak. I mean we both have gotten attached to Susan, she is a very good Nurse Mid-Wife and a really nice and caring person. Unfortunately only way she could afford to pay the medical malpractice insurance costs is if she would take on a double work load.

So on Tuesday and Wednesday M called some people that Susan had recommended calling to take over her primary pre-natal care. M called the hospital down in Mount Vernon to talk to the mid-wifery department there, and had a nice conversation with them. I think ultimately what we'll do is stay with Susan for as long as we can, because for one reason Mount Vernon is a 35 min drive south and it's coverd as "out of service" meaning we have to pay more. Also the Birthing Centre up hear at St. Joes' is very modern and very close to us. It would be great if we could have Susan to be there for Adrian's delivery, but we can only hope he comes early................uh maybe not early. If she can't be there for the birth I would really like to invite her over after he's born so she can meet Adrian. It's the best way to show her how much she means to M and I.


No comments: