Saturday, January 15, 2005

Events as they unfolded.

Adrian is finally here! Almost two weeks after his due date. Let me fill people in on how it went down on the night of the twelfth. M went to bed around 10:30 pm or so. Carol was still up using the computer and I went into the bedroom to go watch some TV. After about 15 minutes I turned off the TV and went to sleep, M got up to use the rest room and came back to bed 5 minutes later. I sort of woke up, just enough to see her come back to bed. Next thing I realize Carol is waking me up telling me it's time to go to the hospital. By now it's 11:45 pm on Tuesday the 12th. I get up and I hear M moaning really loud, and it hits me what's happening, she started contractions. I scampered to change into warm clothes as Carol and M call the doctor. They tell the doctor that she's started and he told them he would let the hospital know we where on the way up. We left our place just after mid-night and got up to the hospital a little after 12:20 am. Once we got there we where taken into a small room so the nurses could monitor M's and Adrian's vital signs. When the nurse checked to see how far M was along she told us that she was 6 cm dilated. That's when our nurse Merry-Ann moved M to the larger room so M could get into the tub and in some warm water. By then the nurse checked M again and said that she was 8 cm dilated. M was in the tub having contractions for only about 30 mintues or so, that's when she first started feeling the need to push. The time is now 5 minutes to 2:00 am, M started to push and 18 minutes later Adrian came into this world at 2:13 am on January 13th 2005.

No comments: