Friday, September 10, 2004

Time Further Out (A Dedication Of Sorts)

I have been pulled into the never ending world that is called the (Week Long, Best Of CSI). It is quite addictive let me tell you. I had hoped to get some more work done for the business. Reason being it's at a stand still. The business I mean. Awww nevermind, right now it seems to be, well I'm tired. There you heard it first, I'm tired, I guess the correct remedy for this aliment is to get myself to bed, but in all actuality I can't. Ok here is the break down of everything, ready for it? Ok then here we go. First, our business is at a stand still due to uncertain circumstances, second, I'm going to be starting school back up in oh mmm 6 days, third, I have a son on the way. Due in January he is. I apologize to those who may be reading this, it all may seem like random ramblings of a tormented soul but it's not.

A certain song comes to mind right now. The title is called Fujiyama, and it was written by Dave Brubeck. The Song is off the album "Jazz Impressions Of Japan". It was released through Columbia Records. It's a very good song, I recommend that everyone should take a listen to it at their local music store. It begins with a alto sax solo with Dave playing lightly in the background, Eugene Wright strums his bass, and Joe Morello softly bangs a gong every other beat. The song has a slow beat and sounds to me to be lamentful in a way. Perhaps thinking of how things once were, of how my life out here in Washington started. All the many choices I've made, all the people I have met and lost. I find myself thinking about all the "what if's" and if I would change any of my decisions. NO, I wouldn't.

Sure I would have like to have done lots of things fly to the moon, meet the Dahli Lama, dive down see the Titanic in person, and also meet Dave Brubeck. If I did all those things I wouldn't be here, with the person I care so much about. If there is truly one person for me, she is the one for me. A person you can tell anything to, and still care about you the next day. Every now and then M and I talk about when I first came out here to the Great Pacific NW. It was right before spring break of 99'. We talk about all the places we visited all of her friends from the dorms on the Ridge on WWU's campus. Towards the end of us reminiscing I ask her if I ever told her what my grandfather told me the day before he passed away. (A little back story) I had told him that I was going out to Washington to visit M. He told me that "she must be one special girl to be flying out to Washington for." I told him that "yeah she sure is" He told me to have a great time.

The next morning my mom came into my room to tell me that he had passed away over the night. I was still very asleep when she told me. So when I got up out of bed she had to tell me again. It didn't take me by surprise too much because he had been sick for a long time. I called M out in Washington and told her that I may have to cancel my trip out to WA. I talked it over with my mom, cause I didn't want to miss the funeral. She told me that grandpa was really excited for me to fly out west, and it was something that he would have wanted. I think about him everyday. The lessons I learned from him I am going to pass to my son, and tell him about his grandfather who fought in WW II and thought Me how to be a better and loving person. Sorry it took so long for me to get to the point of my blog entry. I guess it turned into a small dedication to someone I miss.

I love you Grandpa where ever you are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It warms my heart to read how happy you both are together, and that you are enjoying your new life. You are both very lucky. The pictures showed up for me, now that I have my own computer and internet connection, they are really cool. If you or maralise ever have any time, you can email me at my old address, if you still have it. Then if I have your email,I can send you my new one.(I couldn't find an email for you on this page, i don't know if it isn't there, or if i missed it.)
Take care,
Cat

Anonymous said...

Trench: At times I am envious of folks who had cool grandparents. Your granpa sounded like he was quite cool. Mine was not. Rather mean most times and dismissive others. He'll aways be in your heart and in you son. You're going to make a great dad, and some day a really cool grandpa. Take care my friend.