Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Nerd?.......Who Me???

So there have been many occasions where I'll be talking with Maralise about something that I find highly interesting, i.e; Star Trek, graphic novels, and the like.  She'll always turn to me and say "you're such a nerd".  I'll say, "who me?" Or I might say "no I'm not", and reply with "it takes one to know one!"  So after many years of taking this abuse I decided to do something about it.  Using all my nerd power I went into a photo editing program and made myself a nerd logo.  A calling card of sorts.  Like the bat signal, but in card form so it can fit in your pocket.  Because we all know the bat signal can't fit in your pocket.  It took me a couple of iterations, but I reached what I think epitomizes the core of my true nerd.  That and how this persona will be perceived by others.

I should give Maralise credit, she has been very supportive in my collecting of graphic novels (comic books for those novices out there), anime movies, and Star Trek series over the years.  Most other people might not have been so willing to let their home be invaded by such collection.  Perhaps if you really think about it maybe she's the nerd, and I'm the normal one?  Yeah, I'll go with that.    



Behold, my unending knowledge of everything!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you might reasonably tell her that she's an Anorak. ;-)

C/mo/G/mo