Friday, August 01, 2008

Our dear friend Floyd

The other day M called me at work sounding very frantic, and asking me if I knew where the cat carriers where.  She told me that Floyd had vomited up blood earlier and she had made an appointment to take him to the vet.  About an hour later M calls up sounding very upset, and begins to tell me what the vet found.  He had found a very large mass inside Floyd and told M that there where a few options.  One was to do an ultrasound, the second was to take a biopsy , and get the results the next day.  He did however tell M with out the results and with Floyd's symptoms that the prognosis was not good.  The mass was large and that Floyd was still quite young to be having this happen.  

When the next day came M called me once she had talked to the Vet.  It was Cancer.  He told her that we had some options on how to make Floyd comfortable during his last couple of months.  SO we decided to get some special food for cats with sensitive stomachs, and to get prednisone  along with an anti nausea medicine.   He's less than half the cat he used to be and now is only a matter of time be fore he leaves us fir a far better place.  He was my first cat and we had a special relationship, and I will miss him very much.  Our dear friend Floyd.

No comments: