Friday, May 02, 2008

A quick rant.

I wanted to get this out so I don't dwell on it all weekend.  Our apartment complex has a no dog rule with the exception of service dogs.  I absolutely have no problem with the service dogs being here in the apartments.  What I do have a problem with is people who have dogs that really shouldn't.  I guess it ultimately boils down to me being jealous of those who have them and me not.  The last time I talked with our apartment manager we where told that dogs weren't allowed because of what some previous tenants dogs' did to an apartment.  Not only that but one young lady who has a dog was supposedly being asked to leave because she had gotten a dog against the rules of the lease.  Not that long ago I ran into the young lady and her dog named Chinook, and realized I was missing my dogs back east, also I couldn't be angry at such a loving dog as that.  This brings me to this evening; as I was pulling into my parking spot I saw an man walking what seemed to be a young puppy out to take his trash out.  I know that M and I are not in the position to have a dog , but it's the principle of the whole thing that I take issue with.  Ok now I feel better.  Thank you for listening. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At least the others have the vet bills (if they are responsible pet owners) and you don't! Much of our "tax rebate" will go to cover unanticipated dog-owning costs associated with our dog's immune system disorder.:-/ Poor doggy...poor us!