Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Happy 26th and 58th Birthdays.

Today I turned 26. I don't really have much to say today. Just now I started to think about how when I was younger my family would celibrate two birthdays on December 6th, mine and my Uncle Paul's. Each year we would all get togeather over in our row home in Baltimore and have one big party. My mom would get an chocolate cherry ice cream cake and I remember how hard it was to get the candles to stay in it. When I was real little my Aunt Gloria would watch me during the day when my parents were at work. Sometimes she would take me with her to her work where she cleaned houses and such. It was alot of fun to go with her, especially over this one place where there was this dog that was a huge great dane.

When I got older and we moved north to Harford County we didn't have the parties togeather as much. A few years later my Uncle Paul got transfered out to California for his job. Today he would be 58 years old. About five years after they moved out to California my uncle found out that he had skin cancer. I don't really remember how much longer he lived after being diegnosed. I feel bad that I haven't thought more about him but for some reason right now It's all hitting me. I was a teenager when he passed away, so it's not like I didn't know what was going on then. He was a tall man, the tallest in the family. My brother and Uncle Paul's daughter Tanya hold the title of the tallest now. I miss him, all the times over thier house in Bel Air, and all the Christmas' over Uncle Eugene's house, and of course the birthdays.

Happy Birthday Uncle Paul.

No comments: